When contemplating if you need to obtain an estate planning advocate, you must consider the following factors. Estate planning is a serious affair. One misplaced or missed bit of information or one absent signature can switch the whole purpose of a will or trust.
Estate planning is a legal creation of a solid plan to manage your wealth and estate while you live and disbursing it after your death. The assets may be owned individually or by a couple of people. Also, you need to make sure your minor children are cared for at all times by someone you trust. Therefore, people with young children must undergo planning to have someone take care of them when you cannot be there.
Apart from that, the three ideas posted here should help you decide find and hire a skilled estate planning lawyer to create and draft your estate plan documents.
● Estate Planning Must Follow State Laws: An Estate lawyer that understands these laws is important. State authorities are very particular regarding what must be included in a will, living will, medical surrogate, power of attorney, or trust. It is also important to understand who is eligible to work as an individual’s agent in these documents.
● Buyer Must Beware: The ancient Latin saying goes “Caveat Emptor,” or “Buyer Beware,” surely refers to a new wave of online estate planning. Saving a few bucks by using a document found on the internet can be a rude awakening at the end. If you do not want to take a chance on creating the wrong plan or one that doesn’t do what you want it to do, then make sure you hire the right estate planning attorney.
● Estate Attorneys Help: They can legally create and draft papers with the understanding of the state laws to ensure your wealth remains intact and goes to the people you want it to go to. Proper planning takes away some of the worry your loved ones may have about making decisions after you are gone and can even help maintain peace in the family. Finally, you will have peace of mind knowing you have cared for your family’s well-being.
Marty Elberg is an excellent Estate Planning Attorney, at his Estate Planning Practice, Circle of Life Legal Services, PA, servicing the Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Hollywood, Hallandale areas as well as other Southeast Florida areas. As per Marty, certain things must be considered before planning. They are as follows
● Will (Last Will and Testament)
● Living Wills
● Power of Attorney
● Health Care Surrogate
● Guardianship Documents for Minors
Difficulties usually occur when people don’t properly plan and heirs disagree with the way the property passes by state law. If you own a well-drafted estate plan, you can rest assured that your property transfers to whom you desire and in the way you’ve decided.
Many new business owners don’t realize how confusing the maze of legal decisions can be when creating a business structure for the first time. Circle of Life Legal can help guide you through this and ensure your overall well-being as a business owner.